The City of Brevard is committed to the wellbeing and job satisfaction of our employees and offers extensive health and wellness benefits.
This page is designed to provide helpful documents, information, and links for current City of Brevard employees.
- Mark III Employee Benefits - includes benefits guide, claims and wellness benefits forms, and policy information documents
- BCBS OF NC - view information about your health and dental insurance, find in-network providers, pharmacy information, etc.
- Community Eye Care - review your vision benefits
- Orbit - manage your state personal retirement account, update beneficiaries, view your years of service, and more
- Empower Deferred Savings Plan - view information about your options with 401k and 457 retirement savings plans, check your account, make changes to your contributions, personal information, etc.
- Teladoc - talk to a doctor, therapist, or medical expert from anywhere by phone or video
- Employee Assistance Network (EAN) - free, confidential professional assistance for personal issues for you and anyone in your household.
- NC Local Government Federal Credit Union - All City employees are eligible for accounts with the NC Local Government Federal Credit Union.
- Civic Federal Credit Union - All City employees are also eligible for accounts for Civic Federal Credit Union.
- 2020 City Personnel Policy
EMPLOYEE WELLNESS CENTER
Address: 150 South Gaston Street in the Elections Center building
The Wellness Center is a partnership between Transylvania County and the City of Brevard. City employees and their dependents (over the age of 12) who are on your medical plan may use the Wellness Center for all services at no cost.
Services include routine bloodwork monitoring, allergy injections, monitoring chronic illnesses, managing and authorizing prescriptions, coordinating referrals, school physicals, and testing for flu, mono, and strep.
WELLNESS CENTER HOURS
Monday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Thursday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Call (828) 884-3115 to make an appointment.
Time away from your work location to visit the Wellness Center is not changed to sick leave.