Fair Housing Information

Any person or persons wishing to file a complaint of housing discrimination in the City may do so by informing the City Manager of the facts and circumstance of the alleged discriminatory acts or practice.  

Upon receiving a housing discrimination complaint, the City Manager shall acknowledge the complaint within 10 days in writing and inform the North Carolina Human Relations Commission about the complaint.

The City Clerk shall offer assistance to the commission through in the investigation and reconciliation of all housing discrimination complaints which are based on events occurring in the City.  

Where to Get Help and What to Do If You Are Discriminated Against  

If you feel you have been discriminated against you can:  
1.     Contact the City Manager at 95 W. Main Street, Brevard, NC 28712 or telephone the City Manager at 828-885-5602. The City Manager will assist you with filing a complaint to the North Carolina Human Relations Commission.
2.     Contact and/or file a complaint with the North Carolina Human Relations Commission, 1318 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC  27699-1318, or telephone the Commission at 919-733-7996.
3.     Contact Pisgah Legal Services at 1-800-489-6144.
4.     Contact the North Carolina Fair Housing Center at 919-667-0888.  

City Manager: James R. Fatland

Download the Latest Affordable Housing Directory